Wednesday 20 October 2010

First Frost

'Tis the season to be...cold. After living in Florida for 14 years I have experienced my first full year away. We turn on the heating daily, light fires regularly, and I wear layers of clothes when I am inside, you should see me when I have to be outside. Has anyone seen "A Christmas Story"? Ralphy's little brother, enough said. Everyone asks don't you like the snow in the winter? I shoveled through the PGH blizzard of 2010, 3 feet of WET snow in about 12 hours. It was fun for a little while, we made the best of a bad situation. I am not looking forward to another season of snow though. Good thing blizzards don't typically happen every year and rarely happen in the UK. All I have to say is 1324 more days until I am back in the Sunshine State as a permanent resident! Until then I might just stay in hibernation...

No comments:

Post a Comment