Thursday 28 April 2011

The American Suburbanite has Royal Wedding Fever

The village shop getting ready for their party tomorrow!
 Up until a few days ago, I did not expect, nor really want to be anywhere near London for the royal wedding.  But then it happened, I was bitten by the wedding bug.  I found out a friend from the States was going to be there, and decided, I would be too.  We bought my train ticket yesterday, I will be spending 12 hours in London tomorrow.   I have been studying the tube map and am just waiting for the name of the hotel my friends will be staying in to meet up with them. 




What things does one do when going to London to hopefully catch a glimpse of the royal wedding?  One goes shopping!  That's what every girl does before a wedding isn't it?  I bought the ever important accessory, a hat.  I am not wearing an over the top hat, just a cute little hat that will serve a purpose and be a bit more fashionable than my Steelers ball cap I generally wear when there is threat of rain.  We went to 4 different stores before I found a suitable hat a TK Maxx (same as TJ Maxx for all of my American friends out there).  It will not keep a driving rain out, but a light rain should be kept off my face, and yes, they are calling for rain tomorrow.  


It is a shame really as we have had glorious weather for the last couple of weeks, Tuesday was cool and grey, otherwise sunny and pleasant is all the weather people could say.  But look at the forecast for Friday, and check the link for updates.  I have only seen lightening twice in the UK in 2 years, and tomorrow may be the third... This really does play havoc with what a girl wears to such an occasion!

9°C | °FThuFriSatSun
Mostly SunnyThunderstormsMostly SunnyMostly Sunny
Current: Mostly Cloudy
Wind: N at 14 km/h
Humidity: 76%20°C | 10°C20°C | 13°C20°C | 11°C19°C | 10°C

I do have an exceptionally cute pair of welly boots, just what to wear with them!  I will post pictures once I have returned to my little rural village!



















2 comments:

  1. Its a shame i went for comfort instead of cute and wore a pair of gray boots. I will put a post up of my outfit soon!

    ReplyDelete