Saturday 18 June 2011

A few of my favorite things...

I have made it to Florida safe and sound.  A great friend that I haven't seen in years picked my up from the airport and we got to hang out for the day visiting some old friends.  We were hoping to get out on the Intracoastal Waterway for a paddle, but the wind was up and the water was choppy, so instead we took a walk along the water and out on the pier in the new county park next door.  Mullet were jumping and there was even a frigate bird overhead.

We went to one of my favorite restaurants for dinner Frenchy's Rockaway Grill on Clearwater Beach.  I absolutely love the menu (at all 3 Frenchy's Restaurants).  Seafood is caught locally and served fresh, We shared an order of Buffalo Shrimp and I had She Crab Soup as a starter.  For my main I had a Carribian Jerk Grouper Sandwich!  I was so full by the time my sandwich was served I could barely eat half of it. 

It was a great night, I think I was at the restaurant for 5 hours as friends came and went.  I was there so long I had another order of buffalo shrimp.   After all that time there, I nearly forgot to get my brother his bottle of hot sauce, good thing they have the store on the way out of the restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment